If you think that state and federal financial aid should continue to help keep Minnesota colleges affordable for low- and middle-income families, Advocates for Minnesota Student Aid (AMSA) is for you. AMSA is organized by the Minnesota Private College Council, which represents 17 nonprofit colleges and universities. But you don't need to have a personal connection to these colleges to get involved. Financial aid programs help students at all colleges around the state — two-year and four-year, public and private.
Our goal is simple: help supporters effectively advocate for strong financial aid programs.
- Parents of students
- Current college students
- College faculty and staff
- Community and business leaders
- Anyone else concerned about keeping college affordable
When you sign up, two things happen:
- You'll receive periodic updates about what policymakers are considering and doing.
- You'll receive occasional suggestions about steps you can take if you want to speak up about the importance of these programs. Sign up now.
If you have questions about AMSA and its activities, please contact us.